Friday, April 20, 2012

Week 4: Blog #2


  • What is the most interesting concept?

My favorite topics of discussion have been the ones that revolve around the future of social media and where it is headed in terms of business. I enjoy the discussions about how there is an increase in use of social media like blogs, social networks, and wikis as tools for recruiting,  collaborating and group communication in general.
  • The least interesting concept
I hate to say it but using blogger has to be the boring part. I have been genuinely interested in each lecture for the most part so the only part of class i dislike it the blogs. Even though it's probably good experience for me, i'm just a little  blogged out from Media 203.

  • Real World Relevance
My major is currently video production, and ideally i would like to move out west to pursue a film career. The need to to be proficient in social media is obvious. Marketing myself is going to be half the battle, and the other half will be finding opportunities and jobs. The media industry is dominated by the use of online networking and advertising. Being able to use and understand the vast number of different tools social media has to offer is going to be crucial in navigating the harsh world of film and Hollywood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment